Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Presentation#2

*How to bake Christmas Cookies*



Reflective Comments:
There are mainly 2 points that I would like to reflect on.

The first point is the content of the presentation. I think that I chose a big topic, demonstrating the orders of baking cookies was maybe too big topic for a 5minutes presentation. Therefore, I had to speak fast in order to finish the presentation on time, and some people gave me comments about the speed of the talk, too. I did my best to simplify it, but it was not that detailed.

The second point is that I forgot to preview all the five points of baking (which I regret a lot ); ). I did not forget to preview the points when I was doing rehearsal, so maybe I should of rehearsed more, or maybe I should look at the notes more since I basically present without looking at the notes.


Goals for Future Presentations:
1. Simplify the topic more. Analyze the topic and just take the most important parts of the content, and emphasize (if necessary).
2. Be careful of how fast or slow I talk. Using the speed of the talk effectively. (For example, slowing down the speed in emphasize, or when trying to make the audience think, etc.) Not too fast. If the content is long, make it simple so that I can talk slow.
3. Rehearse more until I feel confident and get the smoothness of the flow. And of curse managing the time.
4. Never forget to preview the points I presented!!


10 comments:

  1. Things I liked!:
    - Cute and sweet! Use of the images is very effective and easy to imagine what is going on.
    Suggestions:
    - Any specific tips for making it even tastier?

    (comments based only on the slides)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute images! I loved the way you were making eyecontacts to the audiences. Seemed to be very relaxed. Very easy to follow the instructions.

    Suggestions: Sometimes you talked a little bit too fast(just a little though).

    ReplyDelete
  3. As everybody said.. cute slides! Love it! I also loved your "BEP" idea!! Nice way to remember your points. The best thing about your presentation was that you didn't read your draft at all.

    Suggestions:Maybe you could repeat the important points and tips with more emphasis .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things I liked:
    I like your facial expression while the presentation. You did the presentation with the passion and smiles.
    The slides are, needless to say, totally excellent. And, the theme is pretty effective at least for me because I became to wanna eat your delicious sweets!

    Suggestions:
    According to myself in that class, it says especially no. If I have to say something, you can emphasize something important more strongly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Overall impression:
    Very Energetic and cheerful throughout the presentation. Very good slides showing step by step procedures on how to make a Christmas Chookie. I will try them this Christmas.

    Suggestion:
    Sometimes you were speaking a little bit too fast so keep your pace by staying calm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so bright and enthusiastic, it really catches the audiences attention!!! The slides are cute and it was concise but detailed and it really made me want to bake the cookies!

    Suggestion
    i wanted the notes because im not smart enough to memorize all the steps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEP joke made it easier to understand the recipe,
    ...but totally was a bumb joke!! :)

    Suggestions:
    Repeating the important points would make it better,
    and don't put too much sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Things I liked:
    how you said to remember BEP and the way you emphasized how they are easy to make.

    Suggestions:
    you might want to add further information for those who want to make them more delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa,

    Here are some of my notes from the presentation day.

    Impressions: Very friendly and reliable voice. Convincing tone. Well-prepared and confident.

    Likes: Great photos and easy to understand steps. BEP - nice mnemonic device for the order to put ingredients in. Makes cookie making fun.

    Suggestions:

    shift the flour -> sift
    It is funny -> fun

    1. Preview the steps at the start somehow and make those easy to remember?

    2. Add photo of Black Eye Peas or at least the text BEP?

    3. Mention who the guy in the photo is?

    I think this presentation was very well prepared and delivered. Nice work on meeting your goals for speaking skills!

    ReplyDelete